Sharepoint Insight by Namwar Rizvi

Sharepoint Tips, Tricks and inside knowledge from real world experience by Namwar Rizvi

How to solve Missing Server Side Dependencies – 8d6034c4-a416-e535-281a-6b714894e1aa Error?

Posted by namwar on April 4, 2010


After installing SharePoint 2010 Beta, you may encounter “Missing Server Side Dependencies – 8d6034c4-a416-e535-281a-6b714894e1aa” error in SharePoint Cental Administration. It is a very weird error and there is no logical reason behind it:) Microsoft may fix it in the final release of SP2010. Until then here is the solution:

  1. Navigate to SharePoint Central Administration Page
  2. Click General Application Settings on left hand side Quick Launch bar
  3. Under Search, click Farm-Wide Search Administration to open farm wide search administration page.
  4. Now, under Search Service Application click Search Service Application
  5. Now restart the server by executing iisreset -noforce command on command prompt.
  6. Thats it! You have solved the issue 🙂

To verify,

  1. Go back to SharePoint Central Administration Page and click on View these issue link, if it is available.
  2. You will notice that at least the above mentioned error has been removed.

If you want to know the background of this issue then please read this post

Advertisements

7 Responses to “How to solve Missing Server Side Dependencies – 8d6034c4-a416-e535-281a-6b714894e1aa Error?”

  1. Craig Humphrey said

    FYI It doesn’t appear to be fixed in the RTM. Or at least it wasn’t for me doing a Least Privledge based install…

  2. Jake said

    Craig…did this solution work for you? I tried it this morning on our RTM and it is still throwing the error

    • Craig Humphrey said

      Hey Jake,

      it would appear to have fixed it…

      I’m working through a Least Privledge based install (and can’t find decent documentation out there on how to do it), so I’m hitting fun little issues like this all the time.

      I had the User Profile Sync stuff going, but now I see it’s failed again (Forefront Identity services wont start), so it’s back to the drawing board on that. I suspect it’s something to do with local admin rights for either the Farm Service Account(CA Content Pool, SQL Access account, what ever you want to call it) or the User Profile Service Account.

      I’ve also got a /_controltemplates/TaxonomyPicker.ascx failed error to work through…

      Such fun!

  3. Jake said

    Hi Craig,
    Ouch! I don’t feel so bad now about my issues. Best of luck to you! BTW. My issue did resolve itself. I was just a little anxious.

  4. […] can find more detailed troubleshooting steps in this article. An analysis of this issue is found […]

  5. herupriadi said

    thanks for ur tutorial 🙂

  6. Krystyna said

    Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an very long comment
    but after I clicked submit my comment didn’t show up. Grrrr… well I’m not writing all that over again.
    Anyways, just wanted to say excellent blog!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: